SECTION 1: WHAT WE COLLECT
Personally, Identifying Information / Information You Give Us
In connection with your use of the Site and the Service, we collect certain types of information that may be used to identify you (“PII”). As more fully described below, PII is information such as a name or email address that, without more, may be directly associated with a specific user. In general, we will collect PII when you complete a contact request form or when you sign up with the Site to receive email alerts and promotions. In the event our Site offers the ability to find our products, we will collect your location.
In connection with the operation of the Service, when you submit a contact form or sign up for email alerts, we collect your name, email address, type of contact, and your question or comment. We use this information to provide, improve, and secure the Service. We also collect any additional information you directly give us on the Site. You may choose not to provide certain information, but in doing so you may not be able to take advantage of certain offerings.
Through your use of the Site, we may receive information you provide, which may contain information that personally identifies you or another individual. We use this information to provide, improve and secure the Site and the Service.
If you contact us through the Site, we may receive your communication, as well as certain PII, such as your name and email address. We use this information to respond to you, to communicate with you, provide the services available on through the Site, and to market to you. You can also unsubscribe from our notifications by following the instructions contained within a notification you receive or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may combine or cross-reference any or all of this information with other information that we collect about you from others (as described below) you and use it as described in this Policy.
Information We Get from Others
We may get information about you from other sources, including from social media and other partners, our web hosting service Google Analytics, our email marketing management platform MailChimp or Hubspot, and websites or applications associated with our Site (“Partners”). We may add this to information we get from this Site. For example, if you post a comment on one of our social media pages, or send us a message on Instagram, we may collect that information as described in this Policy. Please note that we may combine or cross-reference this information with other information that we collect about you and use it as described here. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of certain services.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting the Site, we log your computer operating system type, IP address, deviceID, userID, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. Our Site, like many other sites, records this automatically collected information about visits to our Site. In addition to Mailchimp and/or Hubspot, we also implement Google Analytics which tracks user interactions on our Site and social media pages.
Aggregated Non-Personally Identifying Information
We may share aggregated, statistical information we collect under any of the circumstances described above. In addition, and in order to further the overall purpose of the Site, we may share aggregated, statistical data you have provided with other Site Users. We may also combine non-personally identifying information we collect with other non-personally identifying information collected from or by our Partners, or other sources. We may also share this information with third parties and other affiliated companies for the purpose of conducting general business analyses and/or increasing the usefulness and functionality of the Service. This information may be used to develop Site content, to operate, improve, and personalize the Service.
Public Posting/Shared Content
The Site does not allow posting of public content, comments, or review.
SECTION 2: WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
How we use collected information
The information we collect is primarily used for operation of the Site and the Service and/or administering our business activities in order to improve the quality and functionality of the Service. For example, we may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Providing, administering, and facilitating your use of the Service, including the display of customized content and/or targeted advertising;
- Notifying you of products, new products, services, features, promotions, enhancements, and updates;
- Marketing our products and/or Service to you, including sending you offers, promotions information, newsletters, e-mail campaigns, and communications regarding new, improved or existing products, contests and/or sweepstakes;
- Resolving problems; handling or responding to customer support questions and issues;
- Developing new and/or improved products, services, or offerings;
- Trouble-shooting errors or issues with the Site and/or services; and
- Communicating with you concerning the question or comment you have submitted to us.
How We May Share/Disclose Your Information with Third Parties
With Your Consent. We may share personal information with your consent. When you provide us with your business details and any related PII in connection with your registration on the Service, you consent to our collecting your PII and using it for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Third Party Service Providers, Contractors, or Agents. We may share your information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to data analysis, marketing services, e-mail campaigns, hosting services, and customer service. While providing the services for us these companies may access any PII submitted and are required to use it solely as directed by us for the purpose of our requested service.
- Other Third Parties. We may use and share with our Partners and other Service users, aggregated, data and analytics in connection with the operation of the Service. In addition, we may use and share with third party advertisers, our Partners and other third parties certain technical information and/or aggregate information to show general demographic and preference information among Service users and/or our business more generally. We may also allow advertisers to collect technical information or aggregate information, which they may share with us, through the use of tracking technologies like cookies and web beacons. The information collected may be used to offer you targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize your user experience by increasing the likelihood that advertisements for products and services you see will appeal to you, a practice known as behavioral advertising, and to undertake web analytics (i.e. to analyze traffic and other end user activity to improve your experience). To learn more about behavioral advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising for participating ad networks, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
For California Residents. California residents have the right to opt out of letting us share PII with our Partners. Please contact us at email@example.com with “Request for California Opt-Out” as the subject line and in the body of your message. Please also note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. The California Online Privacy Protection Act requires that we outline our practice as it is related to federal do-not-track signals that may come from your browser. Because this signal does not often reflect the preference of our consumers, this website does not respond to it. Users may, however, request to opt out, as discussed earlier in this Agreement.
For International Users. This Site operates in the United States and as a result, the information we collect may be stored in the United States. Please leave this site immediately if you are accessing this site from outside the United States.
For Minors & Children. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Site is not directed to anyone under the age of 21, and as such we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 21 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personal information has been collected from persons under 13 years of age, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. By using this site, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age.
SECTION 3: SECURITY
How we protect your information
We use Google Analytics to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of, any data that you share. Google Analytics has a team dedicated to keeping personal information secure. They maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. They employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities. Unfortunately, however, no security system can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that any information provided to us in connection with the Service will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
How we protect your information with respect to third party sites
SECTION 4: YOUR CHOICES
Access, Correction, Deletion
- We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the data, including any PII you may have provided through your use of the Service. If you wish to access or amend any such information we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your PII, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us at email@example.com. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
Opting out from Commercial Communications and Analytics
To the extent you elect to receive emails or other information from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt out from emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in the emails you receive from us.
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, would like to register a complaint, be removed from our mailing list or simply want more information please contact us at email@example.com.